"For once I want to be poem, not the poet.
I have a response: How do you know you are not?
How do you know a stranger didn't see you
I have a response: How do you know you are not?
How do you know a stranger didn't see you
burst out laughing in a crowd, thought to themselves
they swear there was a sparkle in your eyes
and recounted to a friend all about you in that moment
comparing thee to a summer's day..."
IG:herpoetryplaylist
A few days back, I stumble across this lady reading this poem she had written. It resonated a lot because, only a few weeks back, I was left thinking about that exact same topic.
I was out at a dollar store, waiting in line to pay for some stuff. When a man came in; he was looking for something or someone, because he was not going into the alleys, he was just looking at them and walking to the next.
I still remember clearly the clothes he was wearing, the color of his skin, his broad shoulders. I thought to myself: "Wow, he is so handsome" and immediately felt guilty because, I was supposed to meet a friend's husband, who would be looking for me, and the reference was: "he is dressed in blue"
same color as this handsome man....
I turned the other way, thinking.. he must be my friend's husband..K, show some respect...
And then he was out of my sight... and he was not my friend's husband...
And since then, I've been thinking about that man and I thought... Does he even has the slightest idea on the impact he had on some random woman at that dollar store on a non particular thursday afternoon?
And then I wondered... Is it possible there is someone in this city who might have seen me standing there on the street, waiting for my Uber or in any of my random strolls at the mall and thought: wow, she is really pretty, I want to know her name...
And then I came across that lady with her poem... and then I randomly decided to watch "Still 17", which had a scenario like that..
The topic has been coming back to me in different ways, keeping that thought active in my head "I want to be the poem, not the poet". At least just for once..
May I know if I am yours...
No comments:
Post a Comment