12 years ago, I was getting ready to go watch the opening parade. Just had to go get a last minute check up. That appointment had to be reschedule as the doctor was not available.
I had no clue this kid was making his own plans from the start..
That day was hectic,., I forget everything, but even though some details now are either gone or fuzzy, I still remember the horror I felt when the doctor said my baby was dying inside. I remember how driving as fast as we could, skipping red lights and driving on the other way did not feel fast enough.. I needed to save my baby..
He was born at 2:30 pm through a C-section, the doctor did not show him to me at the moment, I only got to see his tiny head full of black hair on the doctor's arms.
At night, we were left in a room with another 4 moms and their newborns, all of them were crying their little lungs out, but my baby was having the deepest and sweetest sleep, as if he knew I was in pain and was hard for me to move. He was special from the get go.
12 years... It feels like my baby is now gone. That baby I have come to know so well,., somehow feels a whole new life is now starting. Meeting this young handsome teenager will be so interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment