Everyday around 6 pm, I see this mom walking home with her son. She must work somewhere around here and, by the look of the kid's uniform, he studies at the school near by.
She looks around 10 years older than me, and the kid looks around my kid's age. Everyday, they walk side by side. The kid tirelessly telling his mom the shenanigans of the day. So in my mind, I picture their life as an endless single mom-only kid routine. After work, she picks him up and, together head to the bus station to start the long way home. The kid, in a non-stop rant about school and friends and sports, while mom fixes dinner and the lunch box for the next day.
I envy them so much...
I can't deny it is a great deal to come home and know the kid's uniform is clean and ready to use. To find dinner warm and waiting for me,., being in my own place would be exhausting and with so many limitations, but damn,., I think of that apartment we used to live in, geez... I loved that place so much!!
I pictured myself alone with the kid in that apartment, and the level of inner peace and satisfaction that I felt was.. Awesome..
I am still working on making this happen. One way or another it must happen soon. Somehow, more than ever before, it feels like I am finally on the right path to achieving it. Again, I don't wanna jinx it,., cause it feels like it will easily slip through my fingers but,., I can't help a little joy to show ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment