Friday, March 23, 2018

Acting accordingly..

A few days ago while in a meeting, I asked some colleagues "if you could pick your favorite age and stay like that forever, what age would it be and why?" I got some interesting replies, but what got my attention was..most of them chose their 30s.
And when asked why..they would say stuff like... "cause then you know how things work, hardly you will get bullshit"...or... "by that age you know what you want, you don't care about other people's opinion and go for what makes you feel good."

So, it made me feel good realizing I was not the only one feeling like that. At some point, I thought all this "I know what I want" and "I do what I want" came out of surviving so much shit. ..apparently it comes with age.. or the experience...or whatever...

anyway...

thing is... at this point in my life, I have got really good at doing things because they feel good. I don't stop to think what people would say if they find out. I don't care if they agree or not with what I do... if it makes me feel good..it makes my soul feel at peace. ..fuck I'll do it! There's no feeling shit afterwards because I did what I wanted.

This has also empowered me to stop doing things when they are causing pain. I wish I could say I've become good at letting go; because I'm not, but definitely I'm getting better at it.

So...as I sit here looking through my window, I review the past month's events. I guess the time to take the cues given is past gone, and I must accept there are places where I`m not wanted. Even though the outcome might have not been is not what my naive heart grow to expect, I feel ok.  I did what my heart wanted to say and do,. There are abso-fucking-lutely no regrets whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment