as per Wikipedia...
"The album is a homage to Latin American folk music and contains original songs as well as cover versions of other artists' songs. According to Lafourcade, her goal with the album was to explore the history and culture of her Latin American roots. She emphasized that collaborating with Los Macorinos helped her capture the feelings and sounds she wanted to transmit to the audience with Musas"
There are some songs that have completely captured my attention, if you are into old music like myself.. take the time to listen to the full album, I'll share here some of my favorite songs...
"Tu si sabes quererme", I love this one because of the rythm it has, its fun, makes you wanna move and the lyrics, though simple.. they are straight.. you my friend, you do know how to love me ;)
"Alma mia", this one.. makes me wanna cry. it touches cords deep in my soul. The guitar, sound so... blue and mellow. Talking about a lone soul looking for its partner, what a better description of myself. "si yo encontrara un alma como la mia, que secretos le contaria"
"Soledad y el Mar", talking about loneliness. This one has a more upbeat tone, still is so sweet. "y esta soledad tan profunda... que me cante el mar, un bolero de soledad"
"Soy lo prohibido", the one that throw the spell, I heard it.. the rhythm ..that guitar... the voice.. and the lyrics. This song couldn`t have showed up at a better time. I always wonder, do the songs show up in a perfect timing or we pay attention to them because of what we are going through? anyway, if my life could have a soundtrack, definitely I know which part this song would go perfect with.
No comments:
Post a Comment