Monday, June 8, 2009

kaizen-ing my life....

and my filosofia class is almost over, pretty much we are just missing the last exam, the very last subject was really interesting, talking about Kaizen and how we can get it apply pretty much in everything we do. I wish we would have talked about that lot more, feel I have so many things I still want to know.

souh, I was told to post about it, I don't exactly what to say, so pretty much this is the thoughts I've been left with after being introduce to the Toyota way....Im planning on working and applying the kaizen into my dad´s work, I already talked with him and he is very excited about it, good thing he is very open-minded and is willing to let me work on it. will require a lot of work, specially cause Ill have to spend a lot of time down there, cant apply changes if I don't know how things are working there right now. Kaizen is supposed to be able to be apply in every aspect in our life so, also, I've been thinking on getting a more kaizen way of living, so that one will be the toughest of all I think, getting rid of things I'm doing that are not giving anything to my life, that one will take more time I think, but, we are working on it..

first step is, Seiri or Selecting...pretty much its based on going through all the stuff you have or all the things you do, and get rid of all the things that either you don't use or do not bring any advantage or real purpose on your life, one special recommendation my teacher did was, when doing this, to leave the things we are still not completely sure if they are useless packaged temporarily, if after a few months neither us or someone else have made real use of them, we must get rid of them.

so that´s pretty much what Ill be working on..Ill be uploading pics on how things are right now and show some of the progress we will be making,.,.once we are done with this one Ill be posting the next steps....

No comments:

Post a Comment