Thursday, June 18, 2009

so naive...

so...I was blogging as I do everyday to start my day at work and found a post where she shows a video about a girl being touch while walking in the so feared "vietnam" in our colorful stadium....embarrassing...
I've never consider myself a feminist, but I do think we deserve more respect, I'm tired of that image of the women belonging just to the house, serving to men with such a submissive attitude...nah...that's not for me...
maybe that's why I have never fit in my family gatherings...so this is what always happens...they get to the place of the meeting you'll see the same thing happening...men will go straight to the dining room or the living room meanwhile...women will go straight to the kitchen to get them something to eat, to wait there and cook any crave they might have...to then wash the dishes and start cooking any kind of dessert and coffee, while they go take a nap....
so that was (is) how my (mom's) family behaves...so been witnessing such an unacceptable behavior I decided I was not gonna be that way...
not gonna lie...during the short time I was living with my kid's father, I found very fulfilling the experience of cooking some dinner and watching him eat it all and even asking for more, knowing I was doing something he liked and he enjoyed, I didn't found or felt that...like the classic machismo...why? cause he used to do things like that too...was not only me cooking but there were some night he used to cook dinner...as a matter of fact, most of the weekends he was the one in charge of breakfast letting me get a few minutes more to sleep; so I guess pretty much that's what I'm talking about, things gotta be a two way road...you give and you receive...no body is above the other one...no one is better than the other one....and I guess was not this what I was talking about...but kinda...
so thing is, I wonder..why men cant show up some respect for women on the street, yes, I understand and I accept, there are some girls who their clothes seems to shout "please feel free to touch me and stick up your hand wherever u want" sad...but...in the other hand, there are a lot (which turns out to be the most) women who are not going through life looking for attention, they are just out there..living..working...studying...and besides doing all that we have to be worrying on taking care of our anatomy cause some stupid looser will feel with the right on touching us just cause he feels like doing it...sad but true...and now having a proof of such low on moral values behavior broadcasted up there all over the internet...makes me feel so embarrassed and sad...I wonder how would any of those two stupid jerks feel if instead of being that poor girl...it was their mom or their sister going through that situation...I bet they would get so pissed off...why they don´t think twice before doing it???
and as naive as apparently I am all the time, I hope, that this new generation of women, standing up for their right of not to be touch and not hearing any kind of degrading comment towards them will rise kids showing them to respect women, at least that's my part...now that I think about it...it feels cool, knowing I'm doing something good for humanity,.,rising a kid that will respect women in the future :D

a comment totally outside what I´ve been talking up here…looking for a song I heard in one of my ways back home, I founded the most cheesy-i-est song ever!!!! it brought up to my mind a story I havent told here…maybe I had but not in detail…but mñe…this post is already way too long like to start that other one…we´ll leave that one for a future post…

No comments:

Post a Comment