..so on friday I was called to a meeting by my kid's teacher..again...so I went today to hear what she had to say, so basically things we can say are going the same, the kid still doesnt want to work, doesnt follow instructions, is unable to have his breakfast in a decent manner...but the main problem showing up right now is..that basically he DOESNT GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE WORLD!,.,so her teacher advise to take the kid to a therapist to check what's giving the problem, as she said, its normal for a kid to be a lil bit distracted but not to get to his I-dont-give-a-fuck type of level, she states he doesnt care if his team is loosing when they are playing games, as well as he doesnt care if she threatens on giving him a 0 in his work, he just couldnt care less.
so, at this point I feel totally frustrated and responsable for his IDGAF state of mind, I know, I can be myself that way ;who knows, maybe most of the time, but I never expected the kid to get that attached into his mind that way, that soon. worst thing is, that I dont spend time with him as much as I would like, or as much as it seems to be needed. and at this point I feel totally lost and have absolutly no clue whatsoever on what the hell to do with him.
Ive tried to teach him, and honestly thought I had succesfully, what responsability means and how we all have duties that have to be performed no matter the age or who we are, I tried to made him understand how I work to get money to buy his stuff, how his "work" is to go to school and study and follow his teacher's instructions.
but, yes, Ive noticed, lately he has been behaving worst, Ive never gone with the timeout thing cause he will basically just stand up and I would have to put him back in time out so the time out would get extended basicaly for the whole day. so Ive gone through all the disciplinary ways I can come up with or that I have found over the internet, by now, Im tired, frustrated and the kid seems to be getting worst.
one thing I need to set up clear here, cause by reading back what Im writting seems to give a really bad image of my kid, Id say, he behaves good, he is a good kid, he plays with his friends, he doesnt get in fights, he is not definitely the bully type of kid, he is in fact very calm, he likes, actually he loves talking...that one is for real..he will never..but..NEVER..shut up, he will stay there watching tv, or playing with his car, you wont even notice he is there, its just this basic things he is failing..like...yes he does his homework, but I have to be sitting next to him, pushing him to do it, he will do it wrong, just cause he can, sometimes feels he does that just to bother me, so after erasing and redoing the traces for like 4-5 times he will finally give up and do it how is supposed to, cause, he can. and well, the teacher complains about him not following her rules, not paying attention, not sitting while having his breakfast, but...damn...he is not like that at home, he will have his meals on his own most of the time, I just need to be checking up on him every once in a while to make sure he is actually eating, so in this case I have no idea how to work on this, if he seems to be a total different kid, the home-kid is really cool, the school-kid is something else.
someone suggested me quitting my job to spend more time with him, which by the size of my bills Id say is totally out of question, the other option is to take him to a therapist, and as the problems on kids, specially his age, seems to be just a mirror of his parents problems, Ill be going to a therapist, actually today, my mom got me one, so we will see, how messed up I am that Im messing up my kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment